Sunday, January 19, 2014

Super Bowl Ads Go Social

This blog is in response to Max Knoblauch's article "The Top 10 Most-Shared Super Bowl Ads of All Time" on MashableClick here to read the article

If you're anything like me, then you only watch the Super Bowl for the commercials, and it drives us nuts when the commercials are released earlier than that night. Knoblauch states that 60% of the most-shared videos were released before the game. I hope that most are saved for the game this year!

Do you all remember last year's Super Bowl ad that Coke created? I remember the ad because it allowed viewers to vote and share the video on Twitter... Yes, I HATE sharing what I do on social media. If I am going to vote for something, then I don't want to share it with all of my friends. It is unnecessary and makes me feel like I'm being held hostage. The ad made me feel a sort of connection because I had to see the ad during the Super Bowl in order to find out whether the group that I voted for had won during the Coke race. It was a pretty cool ad, and I hope that Coke will do something memorable with the $4 million that they will spend for only 30 seconds.

Source: YouTube.com

Knoblauch reminds us in his article that three of the most-shared ads of all time are video trailers, and two of those three are for the Fast and the Furious. This makes the Super Bowl a huge opportunity to show consumers what to expect in the upcoming months. There are over 100 million people that will be watching the game and millions more will see the ads through social media. Corporations need to step up their game and provide viewers with memorable commercials that will continue to be shared in the weeks following the Super Bowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment