Monday, March 24, 2014

Happy Birthday, Twitter!

Twitter is turning 8! We were given 140 characters in a small white box 8 years ago! NOOO. I'm getting old...

I cannot believe that it has been that long since we lived life before Twitter. The years when we were going through life without giving everyone a play-by-play of our activities were so long ago. I do not remember hearing about its popularity until about 2008, but I know that it started before that.

I remember my first tweet! It was absolutely nothing special, but I wrote it 5 years ago when I was ready to graduate from high school. It was a very emotional tweet, and I hope to never have it brought up again...

So moving on to this week's article... I found The Top Ten Most-Followed Twitter Accounts on Mashable, and it shocked me!
Top-10-thumb-web
(Check out these tweeple. I bet that you can't guess who they are...)

The article lists the most-followed Twitter accounts- 5 are women, 3 are men, and 2 are brands! Can you guess who they are? Once you read the list, you will understand how they all made the list.

Most-Followed
1. Katy Perry
2. Justin Bieber
3. Barack Obama
4. Lady Gaga
5. YouTube
6. Taylor Swift
7. Britney Spears
8. Rihanna
9. Instagram
10. Justin Timberlake

Out of these ten tweeple, Barack Obama is following the most accounts, and Instagram is following the fewest. This is a no brainer since it does not make sense for Instagram to follow anyone, but Justin Timberlake comes in second on this list for following the fewest accounts at only 69! Crazy! He has 31.2M followers but is only following 69 accounts.

The article also shows the above tweeple's first tweets. They are pretty funny so take a minute and go read the article. It's not very long!

I can't wait to see where Twitter is in 8 more years.

No comments:

Post a Comment